JOBS IN WATER
Water - whether in a watershed, wetland or ocean, we all depend upon it.
Job opportunities in water-related resource disciplines skyrocketed in recent years and it looks like the occupational trend will continue well into the future. Drinking water is becoming more scarce. Agriculture water use is competing with development. Wildlife and fisheries need clean water, too. Want to be a part of the solutions?
Water jobs can also involve regulatory agencies, municipal water supplies and agricultural irrigation. Dam removals, restoration of rivers and streams all involve both physical field work and office work. Staff are needed to meet both needs.
New announcements are frequently added. If needed, you can expand your search through the annotated links lists below.
JOBS IN WATERSHEDS AND WETLANDS
- Society of Wetland Scientists - Jobs
- More than wetlands positions, and updated frequently. Plus links to Wetland Scientist Certification and sections on wetland science academic programs, training courses and conferences.
- Desert Research Institute
- Career positions in hydrology and ecology.
- Water District Jobs
- Career resources for water and wastewater professionals.
- American Zoo & Aquarium Association
- American Zoo and Aquarium Association lists employment vacancies. It's a different way of working with wildlife, and there's a wide variety of jobs.
- America Water Resources Association - Jobs
- Watershed, ecology, hydrology vacancies posted.
- Global Water Jobs
- Jobs in all disciplines involved in water management, including: engineering, water supply, wastewater treatment, energy, hydrology, hydrogeology, international development, WASH, environment, and sanitation.
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- Most of the ACE jobs are civilian occupations in fields like wetlands, dams, flood control and more.
- Water Online
- Job clearinghouse primarily for the water and wastewater job market.
- BC Water Jobs
- Jobs with water resource agencies like water districts, flood control, irrigation, water conservation. This is part of the really, really excellent SoCAL Water Resources Newsletter which serves water agencies and their staff.
- Water Environment Federation
- Regularly updated listing of employment opportunities for water quality professionals. The Job Bank includes advertisements posted by municipal treatment plants, government agencies, consulting firms, and other employers in the water pollution control field.
- Wildlife and Fisheries Jobs Board
- Texas A and M faculty positions and job openings for fisheries and wildlife positions in numerous other states! Full time jobs, summer seasonal jobs and much more ,too! Updated frequently.
OCEAN, FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE JOBS
- Careers in Oceanography, Marine Science and Marine Biology
- Check out the resources for careers in aquatic science.
- Inland Seas Education Association
- School ship has occasional job openings - on a sailing ship! So....if you want to go to sea, check this out. Volunteer opportunities, too.
- Aquatic Science and Oceanography Vacancies
- A current and active list of aquatic related positions through the American Society of Limnology and Oceanography.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)
- A variety of listings plus a link to ship operations employment.
- Marine Conservation Biology Jobs and Internships
- Modest jobs board.
- Sea Turtle
- Featuring worldwide volunteer opportunities, plus a few paying positions in marine work.
- Marine Biology Internships
- List of internships from the Marine Biology Web. May be out of date soyou may need to hunt for newest web locations.
- Estuarine Research Federation
- Employment announcements, news and other interesting items.
- EdOp Net
- Pond Dynamics/Aquaculture listings for aquaculture researchers, students, and practitioners in the general aquaculture and development communities.
- Aquaculture Jobs
- Finding a new job in the aquaculture industry is now fast, easy and just a click away.
- American Fisheries Society
- Good group of job announcements divided by degree. Some summer-internship jobs, too.
- Fisheries Technology Associates-links
- If you need more possibilities in Aquaculture, here is a nice list of informational links from a private consulting company.
- Fish Jobs
- Primarily jobs within the seafood industry. Check for fees.
...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things..." (Philippians 4:8)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/ copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com