JOBS IN WATER
Water - whether in a watershed, wetland or ocean, we all depend upon it.
Job opportunities in water-related resource disciplines skyrocketed in recent years and it looks like the occupational trend will continue well into the future. Drinking water is becoming more scarce. Agriculture water use is competing with development. Wildlife and fisheries need clean water, too. Want to be a part of the solutions?
Water jobs can also involve regulatory agencies, municipal water supplies and agricultural irrigation. Dam removals, restoration of rivers and streams all involve both physical field work and office work. Staff are needed to meet both needs.
* Are you a Jobseeker with a disability? Check out our new section for Equal Opportunity Employment!
JOBS IN WATERSHEDS AND WETLANDS
- California Coastal Commission
- The California Coastal Commission provices an extensive list of state agencies, local government, nonprofits and work groups that have internship opportunities. Each listing has extensive information.
- Society of Wetland Scientists - Jobs
- More than wetlands positions, and updated frequently. Plus links to Wetland Scientist Certification and sections on wetland science academic programs, training courses and conferences.
- Desert Research Institute
- Career positions in hydrology and ecology.
- Water District Jobs
- Career resources for water and wastewater professionals.
- American Zoo & Aquarium Association
- American Zoo and Aquarium Association lists employment vacancies. It's a different way of working with wildlife, and there's a wide variety of jobs.
- America Water Resources Association - Jobs
- Watershed, ecology, hydrology vacancies posted.
- Global Water Jobs
- Jobs in all disciplines involved in water management, including: engineering, water supply, wastewater treatment, energy, hydrology, hydrogeology, international development, WASH, environment, and sanitation.
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- Most of the ACE jobs are civilian occupations in fields like wetlands, dams, flood control and more.
- Water Online
- Job clearinghouse primarily for the water and wastewater job market.
- BC Water Jobs
- Jobs with water resource agencies like water districts, flood control, irrigation, water conservation. This is part of the really, really excellent SoCAL Water Resources Newsletter which serves water agencies and their staff.
- Water Environment Federation
- Regularly updated listing of employment opportunities for water quality professionals. The Job Bank includes advertisements posted by municipal treatment plants, government agencies, consulting firms, and other employers in the water pollution control field.
- Wildlife and Fisheries Jobs Board
- Texas A and M faculty positions and job openings for fisheries and wildlife positions in numerous other states! Full time jobs, summer seasonal jobs and much more ,too! Updated frequently.
OCEAN, FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE JOBS
- Careers in Oceanography, Marine Science and Marine Biology
- Check out the resources for careers in aquatic science.
- Inland Seas Education Association
- School ship has occasional job openings - on a sailing ship! So....if you want to go to sea, check this out. Volunteer opportunities, too.
- Aquatic Science and Oceanography Vacancies
- A current and active list of aquatic related positions through the American Society of Limnology and Oceanography.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)
- A variety of listings plus a link to ship operations employment.
- Marine Conservation Biology Jobs and Internships
- Modest jobs board.
- Sea Turtle
- Featuring worldwide volunteer opportunities, plus a few paying positions in marine work.
- EdOp Net
- Pond Dynamics/Aquaculture listings for aquaculture researchers, students, and practitioners in the general aquaculture and development communities.
- American Fisheries Society
- Good group of job announcements divided by degree. Some summer-internship jobs, too.
- Fisheries Technology
- A private consulting company.
- Fish Jobs
- Primarily jobs within the seafood industry. Check for fees.
* Volunteer for HELPING HANDS
Use a wheelchair or rolling walker? Come explore Shasta, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen, Plumas and Trinity Counties no matter what your mobility ability!
...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things..." (Philippians 4:8)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/ copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com